About Me

I am a married gal. I love the outdoors! I absolutely love going on road trips. My favorite state is GA. I have 2 tattoos. I love drums+music. Polar Pops are a must have. Church is very important to me. I am an aunt to only 4 legged animals; which I love but I hate.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chronic Sinusitis

Chronic sinusitis is inflamation of the sinuses. Sinuses are air-filled cavities located throughout your head. These sinuses are located behind the cheeks, forehead, and eyes; which if thinking about it are all the areas that are affected with sinus infections or colds. People more often than not have acute sinusitis, however there are some people who just keep getting it, having it for a long period of time. Chronic sinusitis can be caused by allergies, infection, deviated septums, tumors located in the nose, and tooth abscesses.


Symptoms that last longer than three months gives a doctor reason to believe that this individual has chronic sinusitis. These symptoms include fatique, headaches, pain where sinuses are located, nasal drainage, and nasal congestion. These are basically cold like symptoms, however these last a long time and often.

Chronic sinusitis is treatable. One treatment for sinusitis would be antibiotics. It takes these antibiotics about three to four weeks to start working properly. Nasal sprays are a good way to break down mucus. If there is a tremendous amount of mucus build up then surgery may be required to properly remove all of it. Also, surgery is a good way to fix a deviated septum in order to prevent future sinusitis.


No comments:

Post a Comment